
"What is important to my work is the individual picture. I photograph stories on assignment, and of course they have to be put together coherently. But what matters most is that each picture stands on its own, with its own place and feeling." -Steve McCurry
I think that McCurry describes his photography perfectly. Each photograph is different and interesting in its own way. Many times he focuses on just one person, he has taken some of my favorite portraits, one being his famous photograph of the Afgan girl. I like that many of the people in his portrait are looking at you, it makes me feel more connected to the picture. I love his use of color, it is bold and bright, and brings his photography to life. I like that although he does have a theme to most of his photographs, each one is strong in its own way. I also like his photographs that divert from his most famous works, such as the picture of the nurses in France.
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento
Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.