giovedì 11 marzo 2010
Mary J.
I chose this photo on accident really. I was about to keep browsing, but something stopped me. I'm not sure if it was the contradiction or the cohesion between the commanding illuminated sky or solemn heavy procession. The pride that the boy with the crusifix has is warming, but the intensity of the sky challenges one's attention. It is interesting how the boy to the left is looking sideways at the boy leading the photo and procession. To me is takes away from the sacredness of the solemn procession, in that, the boy to the left staring, gives away that despite the intentions it is really all for show. It is a display to something higher, but seems to be commanding attention to the humanality. Versus the sky, which is in itself awe inspire and miraculous and should be the main attraction, which in this photo is an equal if not challenging subject.
Iscriviti a:
Commenti sul post (Atom)
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento
Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.