domenica 24 gennaio 2010

Sar


This photograph was taken by Peter Marlow in 1975.  It caught my attention in light of the recent horrific earthquake in Haiti just a few weeks ago.  I thought that comparing the images I see today in the newspapers and on the news to an image taken over 35 years ago would be a good way to analyze the situation in Haiti today. 
The high contract between the top of the picture (the shadows at top) and the bottom of the picture really frames the photo. I also like how the family is in focus to show the emotions on their faces and the pain that they are feeling.  Even years later it is the same faces we see today in Haiti on the news.  The lines of the building to the left of the family and the rocks below them also do a good job of framing the picture, enclosing the family in the dirt, and almost showing that they are stuck in their position and cannot leave or rise up.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.