This picture is interesting to me for many reasons. Taken in 1918, Georgia O'Keefe's husband Alfred Stieglitz captures a wave of emotion in a single photograph. Stieglitz is impressive in conveying a powerful image with the use of such a simple object -- hands. When I look at this photograph, not only do I read frustration and despair in the placement of the hands, but also the emotions that the photographer was feeling through the use of a black background and faded focus. Fine art photography is alive and present in this piece of art.
lunedì 15 febbraio 2010
Aubs
This picture is interesting to me for many reasons. Taken in 1918, Georgia O'Keefe's husband Alfred Stieglitz captures a wave of emotion in a single photograph. Stieglitz is impressive in conveying a powerful image with the use of such a simple object -- hands. When I look at this photograph, not only do I read frustration and despair in the placement of the hands, but also the emotions that the photographer was feeling through the use of a black background and faded focus. Fine art photography is alive and present in this piece of art.
Iscriviti a:
Commenti sul post (Atom)
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento
Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.